Friday, February 2

Valentine Punch Needle~


"Bluebird of Happiness" copyright 2018 Michelle L. Palmer

I have written two new punch needle patterns!
One is a free gift~ to thank you for sharing this wonderful
art journey with me! We have reached another milestone with our
Etsy shop and couldn't do it without all of you~


"Woolen Valentine" copyright 2018 Michelle L. Palmer

Our little woolen friend is the free pattern!
All of the pages & directions are here for your private use.


I have my finished heart hanging from a cupboard door handle.

Backed with a coordinating wool.
I used narrow strip of wool, twisted & stitched into place with floss.


The paper pattern with my color choices~
I can't wait to see what colors you design with!
This can be enlarged for a hooked wool piece or applique!


I trimmed my weavers cloth and then snipped the edges as seen above.
Careful to not cut too close to your loops.
With my finished work face down on a plush hand towel~
I steam pressed the weavers cloth to the back.
Loops are protected by the plush towel.


I use tracing paper to make a pattern for the backing.
Trace the heart from the paper pattern to cut your pattern.


You could add a little pocket to hold a note~
You could stitch a sweet message~

Thank you again~
Hope your February is filled with happiness & love!

6 comments:

NanaDiana said...

What SWEET needlepunch projects. That is a art form I have never tried but I LOVE the looks of it. xo Diana

Createology said...

Michelle you are so sweet and generous to share your Woolen pattern. Blue Bird of Happiness is a favorite of mine. Fabulous February Dear...<3

Robin in Virginia said...

The Bluebird is darling as is your free pattern. What lovely pieces you have created! Enjoy your weekend, Michelle!

Misty said...

Both designs are beautiful! Thank you for gifting us one of them!

Fran said...

Thank you Michelle! I love your designs. I have a few of your patterns that I have not punched yet but I did finish the bees in the clover and just love it. Thank you once again.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

How sweet of you to share your design. I love the big heart and could make something with it...I need to get creative today! Hugs, Diane